Now I got this recipe off of one of our favorite cooking websites and we loved this dish when we tried it, only suggest a few changes. Original recipe calls for toasted almonds to be sprinkled on top after it is plated but we couldn’t find any so we left that out. We also doubled the mango sauce for this because we felt that it needed a bit more (the recipe posted below has the doubled amounts). Otherwise a fantastic dish with great flavor. This is a definite make again recipe...YUMMY!
(original recipe at Simply Recipes)
* 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 - 2 lbs. total) cut into strips.
* 2 teaspoons ground coriander
* 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger plus ¼ cup diced fresh ginger
* 4 teaspoons canola oil
* 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
* 4 large scallions (or 6 small), trimmed
* 1 cup mango chutney, large pieces chopped
* ½ cup chicken broth
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
1. Slice chicken crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces. Toss with ground coriander, grated ginger, 2 teaspoons oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Marinate at room temperature 15 minutes.
2. Thinly slice white parts of scallions. Julienne green parts; set aside.
3. Stir together chutney, broth, and garlic in a small bowl.
4. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet (or wok) over medium-high heat. Add scallion whites and diced ginger; stir-fry 30 - 45 seconds. Add chicken and stir-fry until thoroughly cooked, 4 to 6 minutes. Add scallion greens and chutney mixture; cook, stirring, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve this over steamed white rice.